How much did you gain?

With my 4yr old, I gained about 20lbs and she was 8lbs 5oz. I lost most of the weight right away. With this baby I've only gained 8lbs and actually lost weight this month instead of gaining. I'm due in a couple months. I try to eat often, but it's hard with the warm weather and I still have a lot of nausea. At my ultrasound they said she's in the 40% percentile for weight. I'm really hoping to go past my due date (Even though I'm excited and feel like poop all the time) So maybe she'll be healthier by then. I also worked in a resturaunt with my first and since she's been born she has been in the 90% for weight and height.

How much have you gained and how healthy were your kids? Do you have any tips for eating healthier or to gain more?

tcarter1981

Asked by tcarter1981 at 3:18 PM on Jun. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I only gained 18 lbs at the most. My daughter was born a month early, and has always been small (usually in the 10th percentile for weight, and 25th for height). Percentiles are basically bullshit. My daughter has always been small and she's always been healthy. She eats a ton, is VERY active and all around happy. I don't care what the docs say her percentile is, because as long as she's healthy and happy, it doesn't matter.
    Anonymous

• I gained eight pounds with my daughter. I'm a big girl to begin with, though. I lost some in the first trimester due to morning sickness, and I gained it back and ended up eight pounds over my starting weight. My daughter was born at 41 weeks, weighed 7lbs10oz and was 21in long. She was perfectly healthy at birth. She's still perfectly healthy at six months old :D
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 3:21 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• Oh, and my daughter was born at 5 lbs 15 oz, 18.75 inches long. She was one month early.
    Anonymous

• Yeah, I agree, percentiles should be done away with. My daughter was in the 75th at four months old, now at six months she's in the 50th. She's not as chunky as other kids her age, but that's because she's constantly moving. She's formula fed, but that hasn't made a difference. She's "average"-sized, not skinny and not fat.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 3:27 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• I gained 27 pounds with my son. He was born 3 weeks early and weighed 5lb 7oz. He is a big boy now, tall and a little chunky
    NAT24ROXY24

Answer by NAT24ROXY24 at 3:51 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• Yeah, I feel like even though I'm still small, she's active and I know she's big because I can feel her wiggle all over at the same time. I was told with my last prenancy that she's going to take whatever nutrition regaurdless and if you're unhealthy it's the mom that could have problems with nutrition. IDK, they say she's small, but I feel like she's bigger. And obviously, It doesn't make a difference here if you gain 17lbs or27lbs, they can still end up the same size. Does that sound right to you?
    tcarter1981

Answer by tcarter1981 at 5:51 PM on Jun. 29, 2009