My 4yr old still wont poop in potty!!

We have tried EVERYTHING!!! Sticker charts, toys, treats, trips, gifts and as a last resort Milk of Magnesia( per DR's orders) and still nothing. Anyone have any tips that they can share on how to get him to go??

mommytobrucie

Asked by mommytobrucie at 3:22 PM on Jun. 29, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Do you still use pullups or diapers? I had to get rid of anything that resembled a diaper or pull up to get Abel,3 almost 4, to poop in the potty. he would hold it and hold it for like a day or 2 and cry and cry that his belly hurt but I didnt give in. I know it sounds mean but he finally knew I meant business and sat on the potty and just went.
    rleeds23

Answer by rleeds23 at 6:59 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• My daughter was 4 and would not poop in the potty. She wore panties all day and pee-pee fine. We would pull up's on her at night before bed, and she would wait until we put those on to go poop. To break her of this we took her favorite thing in the world from her. She has a Snoopy that has been her "lovie" since she was a baby. She carries everywhere and slept with it every night. Finally when she would poop in the pull up Snoopy would get put up for the night. After 2 or 3 nights without Snoopy she caught on, and finally did it. You see she could always do it she was just being stubborn, that's her. She is 5 now and has done just fine. Now if we could just get her to learn to wipe herself after she poops, so we don't have to do it, then everything would be peachy.
    TeriMelisa

Answer by TeriMelisa at 8:02 PM on Jun. 29, 2009