• In the Spotlight:

Bladder Infection

Since this morning, it kind of feels "weird" when I pee...at the very end, it will start to feel like I have to pee really bad and kind of burn a bit. I'm assuming I have the beginning stages of a bladder or urinary tract infection.

Does any one know of any home-remedies for something like this?

Yeah, yeah, yeah...I know I should go to the doctor, but I am sort of on the outs with my current doctor and just don't have time right now to find a new one. I'm sure I could make the time if I had to, just trying to avoid that right now.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:25 PM on Jun. 29, 2009 in Health

• Cranberry! Like Anon. said, not the cocktail, the pure cranberry juice. They also have cranberry pills which have seemed to help me when I've had UTI's before, and try and get a full bladder before you pee. Don't give in to the urges when you know you aren't going to go much. The more you let your bladder fill, the more you will be able to flush those bacteria out. If it gets worse or doesn't feel any better within a few days, you need to call the doc and get put on antibiotics.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 3:34 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• Drink lots of water, and drink CRANBERRY JUICE. I don't mean cranberry cocktail. I mean JUICE. 100% juice, and lots of it. As much as you can handle without getting sick. If it doesn't clear up within a couple of days, you really need to go get antibiotics.
    Anonymous