For viewers of Army Wives?

As I was watching the show last night, I thought why do they use Roland's wife as an "army wife" in the promo? Technically, she's not the "army wife". She IS IN the army. Just a thought.

maggiesmom415

Asked by maggiesmom415 at 3:29 PM on Jun. 29, 2009 in Entertainment

• LOL...I was thinking the SAME thing last night! Thats too funny. I guess they are being very literal. She is a wife IN the army....AAAAANNND the promo would look a little funny with Roland running with the girls :)
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 3:40 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• i think its because shes a wife and in the army therefore still an army wife....thats how i see it
    Anonymous

• HAHA, that would be funny seeing Roland running with the girls. But yea, it must be because she's a wife in the army.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 3:52 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• I get that she's a wife and in the army; however, Roland's character has been more of the wife...and what I mean is that he has been seen doing more of the "wifey" duties that the other mom/wives are shown doing. Yes, both Roland and his wife work, but she's never really casted with the other "wives" like he is.
    maggiesmom415

Answer by maggiesmom415 at 4:08 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• I think it is a broader thing It is the role of the one waiting adjusting thier lives , as a family member serves , it could be a mom or dad two IMO
    CSRodriguez

Answer by CSRodriguez at 8:03 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• I think about that too. Why can't they call the show "Four Army Wives and an Army Husband"?

Just kidding ;-)
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 8:10 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• Well that does make her an army wife just more litterally shes in the army and a wife so that makes her an army wife
    aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 10:09 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• I thought the promo was funny too. I mean Roland has a real connection with the wives, especially Roxy. But how do you go about adding a man to major promotions of a tv show titled Army Wives? Poor Roland.
    KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 10:47 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• I see it both ways...
    I like when they use Joan as the Army wife because they are showing you how being the Army Wife IN the Army works. And how different it is when the wife is in the Army instead of the husband and what she has to go thru.
    But also I wish they would use Roland because ALL thru the 1st season he is the only one we ever saw and got to know, not Joan, and now that the focus is a little more towards her I don't like it as much.
    SouthernRoses

Answer by SouthernRoses at 10:53 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• SHE IS A MARRIED WOMAN WHICH MAKES HER A WIFE...
    SHE IS A WOMAN ASSOCIATED WITH THE ARMY.. WHICH IS THE ARMY PART WEATHER SHE IS IN IT HERSELF OR IF SHE IS THE SPOUSE...

Honestly I like it. However yes I do think that roland would look funny running with ladies in their socks..lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:59 AM on Jul. 4, 2009