Do you love any small-town restaurants?

There's this ice cream/deli place right near my house called Spanky's in Salisbury, NC. My fiance and I discovered it the other day. It's on fricking Main St. though, we always drove by it but never went in. It's AMAZING! They make all their deli sandwiches to order, and their ice cream is made locally.

At least we're supporting American businesses :D

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 3:31 PM on Jun. 29, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My home town is a college town, so it isn't exactly small, but one of my favorite places to go is Flatbranch Pub and Brewing in Columbia, MO. They have excellent food and I don't drink beer, but they make like 17 different kinds right there and everyone I know says their beer is pretty good!
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 3:34 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• goodyes - i use to work @ a small diner in our town & they had the best burgers.

scooterpooter

Answer by scooterpooter at 3:34 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• i used to work at a Spanky's in MN.
    there were a bar and grill tho
    codysmama2609

Answer by codysmama2609 at 3:45 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• Dar E Kreme in cedar hill,Mo is the greatest hole in the wall.
    ilovemylilymae

Answer by ilovemylilymae at 4:10 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• Ohhh I love that place ( I live in Kannapolis). There is a little place called Libby's Pit stop in my town that I love, as well. Their breakfast is sooo good.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 4:12 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• Yes, "robertsons" in Muldrow, OK they have the old style burgers and fries.. TO DIE FOR i tell ya.. I love ma and pa places, they made this country!!! I will stop there before we get a "chain" anyday..
    ArlieBeeMee

Answer by ArlieBeeMee at 4:15 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• The Weathervane in Kittery, ME - went there during the summers for fish and fries. Now it's a restaurant that sees more tourists than town residents.

Moe's Subs in Portsmouth, NH - awesome sub sandwiches begun by Moe himself!

Shain's restaurant in Sanford, ME - very nice family style restaurant.

Yummies in Kittery, ME - the ONLY place to get the best candy of any type you want! Even the old-fashioned kind that aren't in stores anymore.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 4:24 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• We have a Town and Country in Nashville, NC. It has a cold plate to die for and the best fried chicken. KFC wishes they could do it that well!
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 4:25 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• We have an ice cream stand just down the road where we buy all our sorbet and such. They also do basic food like grilled cheese and hot dogs ($1.50 a piece) and it's right by the HS so it gets super crazy right after school lets out for the day.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 4:29 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• There is this little ice cream shop that my husband and I just discovered this weekend. There is also a little restaurant that we want to try next time we have the money! But other than that, I love all the big name restaurants!!
    austinsmama1106

Answer by austinsmama1106 at 4:33 PM on Jun. 29, 2009