What does it feel like?

What do contractions feel like. I just need to know if Im having contractiosn or what is the deal.

Nikky0803PAG

Asked by Nikky0803PAG at 3:32 PM on Jun. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• AshleyG described them pretty well. Often they will radiate from your back to your front. Though be warned, preterm labor often feels like cramping only. Both times I went into preterm labor I didn't have strong contractions, only period like cramping. Contractions will be consistent and get stronger, they will not go away if you change positions or lay down.
    legalmom343

Answer by legalmom343 at 9:44 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• Well it can vary from person to person but usually it's a tightening of your stomach that starts in your pelvic region and moves up over your belly or they can be low and in your lower back, but it's a tightening either way, at least that's how mine were. Like I said though everyone may experience something different.
    Anonymous

• Mine felt like aweful period cramps that got stronger and closer together over time. It really did feel like I was having a tightning in my lower abdomon and it would pass after a few seconds. My doc said when hey become 5 mins apart i needed to go to labor and delivery .You can always call L&D also and they will advise you on wht to do
    AshleyG.

Answer by AshleyG. at 4:43 PM on Jun. 29, 2009