How ofter are you suppose to replace bottles?

My daughter is almost a year, and i have been having trouble with the bottles for the past couple of months. I have the avent, and they started leaking a coupleof months ago, and now, practically all of them leak and badley. i can tighten them as much as i possible can and they still leak. I have replaced the nipples regular as to accomodate the speed for my daughter but the are leaking from under the rim. Anyone else had this problem with avents, or anyo bottle for that matter?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:33 PM on Jun. 29, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Now sounds like a good time. Buy sippy cups and toss all those bottles.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 3:35 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• that never happend to my bottles but I think that's a good sign to buy a new one or try and sippy cup trainer your girl
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 3:36 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• It happened all the time with our Avent bottles. We would have to take off the lid, and re-screw maybe once or twice. I think sometimes it just sits funny, even though it will let you screw the lid on. I never replaced our bottles, we would just re-screw the lids on.
    NAT24ROXY24

Answer by NAT24ROXY24 at 3:38 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• i never had that problem with any bottles, but i didn't use avent either. but if shes almost a year, i wouldn't go buy new bottles i'd just buy some sippy cups
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 3:49 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• OHHHH! We had this problem with the Avent BPA free ones (the brownish ones). My friend gave me the old clear ones and I fell in love with them! So we went out and bought like 20 of the newer ones and every last one of them leaked! We tried everything! Eventually we just went to the Playtex Ventair bottles. I'm sorry, I'm afraid it is just the bottle. If she uses a sippy cup more now, I would maybe buy a few cheap bottles until she is completely off the bottle. I'm pretty sure you can order new rings though through their website
    mommystiebler

Answer by mommystiebler at 4:13 PM on Jun. 29, 2009