How do you get them to use a sippy cup?

I have been trying to get my daughter to use a sippy cup. I have like 4 different kinds. The nubby, playtex, and tow others but not sure the brands. One has a spout that resembles a nipple a whole lot. She does the best with that one, but it is a little big and she doesn't turn it up very well. The others are harder where you drink from and all she does is chew on them. She never sucks. So how do i get her to suck so she can learn how to use it. What is the best kind that worked for your child?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:43 PM on Jun. 29, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• the nubby ones worked for my daughter, they also made them in a smaller size w/handles. if she is having trouble turning it up try to find one with handles on the side and a soft spout.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 3:47 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• we used the sippy cup w/ the silicone spout.
    scooterpooter

Answer by scooterpooter at 3:48 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• I used the nubby cups and he chewed them all up and I used the cheap ones and he did the same thing. So I said why waist the money on the expensive cups when they last just as long as the cheap cups, I used to buy them from wal-mart and they were only a buck and they worked just as well for me.
    To get her to drink from one just give it to her and when she want's it bad enough she will figure it out, that's what Idid with my oldest and he never had a problem drinking out of them again.
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 3:54 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• I used the old school plastic playtex sippy cups for my boys, I introduced it at an early age, and tried giving them that more then the bottle, I also yanked the bottle from them before they turned a year old. it takes some getting used to, but if you dont make the bottle as available to them, eventually they will drink from the cup.
    Leelee1008

Answer by Leelee1008 at 4:22 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• Try Sigg or another stainless steel sippy. Your child may be sensitive the the plastic taste (if so, smart kid!)

Answer by rkoloms at 11:28 PM on Jun. 29, 2009