• In the Spotlight:

After being infertile can I be fertile again?

Ok, after two years without a period I was finally diagnosed with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, which basically means my eggs are turning into cysts before they can be released so no eggs are ever released. I was put on birth control as hormone therapy, i was sick every day with the pills even though they were the mildest there are. I gave up on the pills and said whatever happens happens. After the pills, I spotted for 2 days every month around the same time, for 4 months straight. Then the 5 th monh I was late and had a heavy crampy period. I suspected that it might have been a miscarriage since I have experienced miscarriages. But I did not do any test to confirm, as I was afraid to know if I had lost another baby. Does this mean my ovaries are trying to work, should I take advantage of this and try to get pregnant? Anyone with any similar experience? Please no bashing..

sylvia-ann

Asked by sylvia-ann at 3:53 PM on Jun. 29, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I have a friend with PCOS. It's VERY hard to get pregnant, but it can happen. Good luck with it! I'd talk to your doctor to get some good info on trying to conceive with PCOS.
    Anonymous

• I don't have any experience but my dh got his ex-wife pg while she had PCOS. The dr. told her she would never get pregnant and low and behold she got pg and had a beautiful baby girl (my step-daughter) That was 22 years ago before they had all the medical knowledge they have now. I think it's possible. If you're wanting another I would try. Good luck!
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 3:58 PM on Jun. 29, 2009