Ok moms I am FREAKING OUT (tmi)

I am 39 weeks and just went to the bathroom.....blood, there was some bright red blood when I wiped. I wiped again and there was a little more. Is this bloody show or the mucus plug, or does it just mean my cervix is opening...or should I just go ahead and call the damned doctor?!

ajguinn

Asked by ajguinn at 3:55 PM on Jun. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• That happened to me and it was my bloody show
    Anonymous

• CALL NOW, my dd had that happen and almost bled to death last year.

Answer by admckenzie at 3:57 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• If you're ever unsure, then call your doctor. It's better safe than sorry. I don't remember ever having the bloody show, so I can't help you with that. A lot of women say you can't miss it, but apparently I did. So, yeah, call your doc and at least get checked out.
    Anonymous

• The last time I was pregnant my mucus plug fell out on a gravel road....at dusk, so I didn't get a good look at it. I know that sounds gross, but you know us preggos, when a girl has got to go she has to go!

I'm on hold with the dr. now. I wouldn't worry that much but it's BRIGHT red. I mean, it's obviously fresh blood.
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 4:00 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• Let me know what happens!
    keb7

Answer by keb7 at 4:45 PM on Jun. 29, 2009