Pee'ing in Yard

We live in the country. Our house and yard are surrounded by trees and woods and cannot at all be seen from the road this time of year because of all the growth.

Sometimes when DD is in her pool or just playing in the yard and she says she has to pee, instead of taking her inside, I just take her to a certain spot in the yard and she pee's there and she wipes herself with a leave...I know it sounds horrible, but she LOVES it!!

Is this bad? Part of me is saying it is and that I shouldn't do it, but yet I can't come up with any reasons why it's not okay. So I guess I'm on the fence.

Geez...I must sound like such a hick! I swear I'm not, I'm just lazy! LOL

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:01 PM on Jun. 29, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• We do the same thing with our son. We too live in the middle of the woods. It has nothing to do with being lazy but at this age, when they gotta go they gotta go. So why have to rush into the house. We are no attempting to break the habit because he will be starting school soon. But I don't see anything wrong with it as long as she knows there is a place for it and isn't doing it in front of others.
    My2BoyznMe0508

Answer by My2BoyznMe0508 at 9:16 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• My sister in law would do this with my nephew...fast forward 2 years...I take my kids and nephew to a park the other day. Do a head count...start looking for him...turn around and he is at the tree line peeing right in front of everyone!!! I could've died, but I guess as long as she knows not to do it around others or outside YOUR yard...just keep this in mind as a "It might happen"
    Anonymous

• I had my 3 year old who I just started potty training last mon at his brothers soccer game on thu. He needed to "pee on the potty", but there was no way I was taking him in a portapotty in the heat so I just got him to pee on the grass. He loved it and had to pee 3 more times! As long as she's not doing it in front of people who cares, I guess it's kind of easier with boys, but heck, I've peed outside as an adult.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 4:17 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• Not a big deal, its easier with boys....lol. but I would worry about wiping with a leaf. I would worry a tiny bug would get up in there or something strange like that, since she is in the water, I just wouldnt worry about wiping at all....
    Anonymous