ditching the "BINKY"

My daughter is 10 1/2 months. She is very dependent on her "binky"
I know the consequences of letting her keep it too long her teeth being crooked and speech. What is the best age for her to give it her.. and anyone with a good idea how?

MiLeesMommy08

Asked by MiLeesMommy08 at 4:03 PM on Jun. 29, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• the older the harder, but at the same time around 1 they have to learn to let go of the bottle ect.
    my son was a TOTAL binkie baby, abd i took it from him at 18 months
    i cut the tips so he couldnt suck, he was mad, he screamed for about a week, then it was over...
    good luck
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 4:05 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• My son is 16 months and still uses his, but mostly at night. He doesn't really ask for it unless he sees it. 10 1/2 months is pretty early. My ped said to just make sure its done with at about 18 months. We just got rid of using the bottle just recently.

NAT24ROXY24

Answer by NAT24ROXY24 at 4:08 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• I only let my son have it to sleep with,then at 1 I took away the bottle and the binky.I found an old one and gave it to him(he's 1 1/2) to see what he would do with it,and he just stared at it...lol.It tests your nerves for a few days,but just remember she'll get over it and thats whats best for her.
    Reshel

Answer by Reshel at 4:09 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• My daughter was about 13 months. I took her off the bottle first. Then the binky. She wasnt one to have her binky alot just at naps/night and if she wasnt feeling well so it wasnt a horrible experience. Good Luck ;)
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 4:10 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• I will have no problem with the bottle its just the pacifier.
    I know right now its not that big of concern... but i worry about it. I dont want her teeth messed up or her speech impaired.
    Thank yall.
    MiLeesMommy08

Answer by MiLeesMommy08 at 4:10 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• Start with letting her say "bye bye" to it in her bed and leave it in the bed for when she goes to sleep at naps and night time. She will begin to only associated only with sleeping. Works great!!! Then she can use it a little longer because she won't use it during the day. Works great for my kids!!
    Anonymous

• BUMP sorry mine used me as a binky but good luck
    littleleesmom

Answer by littleleesmom at 5:03 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• I threw my sons away, ALL of them. Same with the bottle. He stopped asking for both after a week.
    Annabel1809Lee

Answer by Annabel1809Lee at 11:13 AM on Jul. 1, 2009