Has anyone's toddler ever had this happen to them ..?

My 21 month old had a crying fit this afternoon and afterwards around his one eye, he has red dots. The best way to describe it, w/out being weird, is that it looks like red marks from a hickey. I am assuming it is broken blood vessels. I called his pediatrician and spoke w/whoever answered the phone and they told me to put a cold compress on it and see how it looked in the am. I still don't feel 100% reassured. Has this ever happened to your toddler after crying really hard/throwing up? Thanks, moms!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:11 PM on Jun. 29, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• He might have broken vessels in his eyes from crying. Is he crying so hard he vomits? I'd take him to the doctor to make sure he doesnt have health problems.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 4:27 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• I have not had this happen with my toddler or any that I know, but my brother is like that. When he thows up he gets hicky looking things around his eyes. Its just super sensitive skin and popping the blood to the surface. I know he has had this happen at least since elementary school, but I was to young to remember further back than that.
    Love2BMommy77

Answer by Love2BMommy77 at 4:47 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• My kids arent' like this, but I am. When I cry really hard, I get these little red splotches for about 24 hours around my eyes. They go away.
    lynnard

Answer by lynnard at 4:58 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• hon my son has had this happen its really just a bruise anytime my baby gets a tummy bug and throws up he gets the same thing
    littleleesmom

Answer by littleleesmom at 5:00 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• Thanks all ... I actually called my pediatrician's office back and said I wanted to talk to the doctor (much to the girl who I had spoken to earlier's displeasure ..lol) and he said that what I described can happen fairly easily in a lot of kids. Also, for the first poster, he didn't vomit from crying, I was just comparing vomiting and crying/coughing hard as they both can have a lot of force behind them. Thanks again for posting!
    Anonymous