Prunes?

My lil girl will be 11 months here shortly. She has ALWAYS went #2 once a day, or sometimes more. But here recently about a week ago, it has only been lil hard balls. She is still eating her baby food and loves it, and the only thing she really eats that is not baby food is real bananas, she loves them... Could that be it? What do you do to correct the problem with her not going to the bathroom? baby prunes? And how much would you give her?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:14 PM on Jun. 29, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• prunes are fine, get the stage 1 jar and try a few spoonfuls of that, my dr also said the P's are for poopin,lol. Pear juice works too. you could always call your childs dr and ask what they recomend as well.
    Leelee1008

Answer by Leelee1008 at 4:19 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• i gave mine half a container of prunes and he had diarrhea for the next 2 days. Try a spoonful or 2. Also u could try some very diluted juice...
    Mamakat90

Answer by Mamakat90 at 4:19 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• The other two posters are right, also, yes, bananas will cause constipation in a child that young. She can have 1/2 of a banana a day or every other day, but I really wouldn't let her have more than that.
    kustomkrochet

Answer by kustomkrochet at 4:53 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• I have the same problem with my little girl so I started giving her have a thing of prunes every morning and it seems to help I don't find little hard poops. And just like it has been said my doctor said p are for poop and green veggies help but prunes went through my little girl better she went alot the first time she got it but not its at least once to twice a day and its soft so try it, it should work...
    LaitonLysette

Answer by LaitonLysette at 5:26 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• bananas are constipating.
    feed her avocado, baked sweet potato, mashed cooked beans

Answer by rkoloms at 11:26 PM on Jun. 29, 2009