Anybody have a hubby thats a gamer?

I cant stand it!! how do you deal with the CONSTANT playing? He's always on the game!! I have to bribe him to get him to spend time with me and our 21 month old son. He plays right after he wakes up and til like 3-4 in the morning. He thinks its justifiable because its his hobby, his escape from the real world where he has no stress. Well I am a SAHM and 8 months preggo. I need an escape from life every now and then too! I dont even have any friends where we live so theres no option for me to have an 'escape'. Any ideas????

littlemomma1986

Asked by littlemomma1986 at 11:40 PM on Jun. 21, 2008 in Relationships

• break his game? Insist he give you some quality time before he escapes into his fantasy world?
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:30 AM on Jun. 22, 2008

• My man is a gamer too, but not quite that bad. He does play for HRS but he does it after the little one falls asleep for the night and after we have our alone time. It is a nice way to unwind. He works 12hrs days, so I know he just wants to come home and relax sometimes. I would not break his game though, most of them cost like 50bucks(depending on the system)and that won't get your point across. It will just make him pissed and not want to talk about anything.
    Carrie06

Answer by Carrie06 at 3:10 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• I feel for you...My husband is a WOW freak. I have talked to him about this and for now he is better. I told him that I do not mind him playing so long as it is not all of the time. We are trying to work out a schedule that we can both be happy with. Many times, however, I have wanted to throw the computer out of the window. Good luck! p.s I am working on getting together with other Moms in my area so I can get away too.
    kimmie10575

Answer by kimmie10575 at 3:43 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• My DF plays games online on our PS3, but only for about an hour or two a day. I think that if it was an all the time type thing, I would have to break the disc so he couldn't play anymore! Lol
    Dark_Princess_2

Answer by Dark_Princess_2 at 12:04 PM on Jul. 23, 2008