He is a year old. It seems like everytime he wakes up from a nap or in the morning, he cries hysterically. It seems to happen for a long time so I doubt it's bad dreams. Do/did your kids do this?

LaurenKaye29

Asked by LaurenKaye29 at 4:25 PM on Jun. 29, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Yes, my DD did that for a while. Im not 100% sure but I think it was because she was in our room. Our room is very dark, DH works graveyard on weekends so we have it blacked out. When we moved her to her own room and put in a night light, she never did it again....unless a loud noise wakes her up, then she'll cry. Oh and she also woke up crying in the middle of the night alot at that time too, It could have been from DH snoring or she woke and it was too dark. Question for you: do you use a monitor? If I leave my DD awake in her crib too long, she will start crying too.
    Love2BMommy77

Answer by Love2BMommy77 at 4:42 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• He sleeps in our room so we don't have a monitor.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 4:49 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• I had a very colicky / fussy child so I can't tell if this would be different but even after he was a year old he would wake in the am and after a nap so god awful crabby/whining/crying for up to 2-3 hours - I still never figured it out but it lasted for like 5 months...just went away 3 weeks ago -
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 4:49 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• is it truly every time? my son has night terrors but if it is every time that is not it
    littleleesmom

Answer by littleleesmom at 5:02 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• I WAS JUST GOING TO ASK A QUESTION ABOUT THAT!! My 12 month old does the same thing!! It's difficult in the mornings because I can't just get up and get her immediately. I need a couple of minutes to fully wake myself up. In the meanwhile, she's screaming bloody murder! I rush in to get her after her naps however.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 7:59 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• my little guy always woke up crying in the morning and from naps... and he was way super cranky for at least a 1/2 an hour. he's now two and has grown out of it... not all babies wake up happy!
    abelsmama07

Answer by abelsmama07 at 9:16 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• My son has his "off" days, too. I don't know why. Maybe they simply woke up "on the wrong side of the bed" ... who knows? Most of the times he wakes up sunny. But on the days he wakes up crying, I notice that he is beyond hungry. As soon as I give him his bottle (which I usually do and climb back in bed and try to wake up while he drinks) he is fine. When he is done, he will yell for me to take him out of the crib but is in a good mood. Sooo... I don't know.
    ShadesofGrey

Answer by ShadesofGrey at 2:21 AM on Jun. 30, 2009