why why why?

why do people think that us pulling out of iraq is going to make the terrorists "come back" they havent gone anywhere, theyre still there, always have been. just because we are pulling out doesnt mean theyre going to attack again, the fact that they hate our country means they are going to attack again not us pulling out. they are terrorists who were there before the war, during the war, and will still be there after the war....nothing can be done about that. and they are always going to make new plans to attack our country.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:26 PM on Jun. 29, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• And your suggesting what??
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 4:30 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• My response to this will take about 4 pages to write. This is one of things that goes through me like a red hot poker! The lack of a plan means that all they want is out without a vision of how the area will look after we are gone. There is no exit strategy - just out! Our world doesn't support voids. Something, anything will fill the void left. The democratic government is progressing, but it is not ready to be self-sufficient. The void will be filled by the bottom dwellers who ran when we arrived. Iraq is always compared to Viet Nam. The only similarity is that Congress ran the war instead of the generals just like Viet Nam. They never intended to let us win. There is your similarity. When someone asks you why our boys went there to die, you tell them to ask a congressman/woman. They were the ones who pulled the troops out before completion of the mission!

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 4:36 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• I think it's wrong to over throw a goverment and leave it is shambles. I think that we should leave troops there to protect the people and the new goverment by being overthrown by one of the terrorist groups.
    Do you think that when our troops leave that the war will be over and that Iraq will become a peaceful country? I don't. I think the same terrorist will keep bombing and killing people and attempt to over throw the new government.
    Think about the situation in some African countries, were there is no real form of government and the people are being raped, kidnapped and murdered by 3? different sets of terror groups who want to be the goverment. That's what I'm afraid will happen in Iraq.
    On the flip side, if Iraq's goverment thinks they can handle it, screw 'em, they can deal with it.
    Anonymous

• You're absolutely right. They haven't STOPPED trying to attack us. Being in Iraq had nothing to do with it.

And by the way, we will not be pulling out completely. We will leave a small force there as well as forces in Kuwait. I don't know why people think we will completely leave.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 4:45 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

___
    My biggest issue with this is: There wasn't a mission.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 4:46 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• There were no terrorist in Iraq before our take over. Saddam kept them out. It is so irritating that people do not know that. Yes there are terrorist in Afghanistan. There are lot of them there.

I really hope that you know that there have been troops in Iraq and their bordering countries since Desert Storm. They turned it into a rotation just like Kosavo. (sp). I think if Iraqi government wants to take over let them. Bring the majority of the troops home and do a peace keeping rotation mission. I feel that since we basically destroyed their country we should help rebuild it.
    Anonymous

• Basically, what people are saying is that Iraq does not have a stable force or government to keep the peace. They do not have the ability to keep a group of people from TAKING over the government of that country and there being an even worse person in power than Hussein. If we pull out now, we are leaving a open spot for the extremist to take over. People seem to think that there aren't any of those right now, but I can assure you they are laying in wait.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 4:49 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• In my opinion, it wasn't necessary for Bush to wait for absolute proof that Hussein had weapons of mass destruction to take action against him. If the President believed, based on, at the time, credible intelligence provided by the CIA and the British, that Iraq had WMD and Saddam Hussein refused to prove he had destroyed them, that was enough to justify war.Bush was not alone in reaching this conclusion. Clinton, took the same positio, he said "Saddam’s ability to produce and deliver weapons of mass destruction ... threatens the safety of his people, the stability of his region and the security of the rest of us."
    So we did NOT go into Iraq because we knew for certain that Saddam still had weapons of mass destruction. We went into Iraq because we believed he might have such weapons. And after 9-11 we couldn't take the chance of him handing them over to terrorists. I just can't understand why people can't get that.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 5:06 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• i think that it is totally stupid for pulling out. what the heck is our government thinking. their going to leave the country in shambles so that some other moron can take control and be even worse then Saddam!!
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 5:15 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• i believe some should stay there as well, but the fact that we are starting a withdrawl does not mean they are going to come and attack us, they will attack us wether we are there or not. thats the point i was trying to make. no matter what there are always going to be terrorists who want to attack our country and will always be making new plans to do so....and no matter what there is always going to be someone who is trying to take over and be the leader over there. even if we are there they will want to have power and if we arent there theyll still want to have power.
    Anonymous