Is Gain detergent ok to use on baby clothes?

We've been using ALL free and clear and I would like to use something that makes the clothes smell nice. I had heard Gain was ok to use on baby clothes, but would like some other opinions. Thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:43 PM on Jun. 29, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• any detergent is fine if you haven't noticed any allergies or sensitivities to any lotions or anything like that. throw a tshirt or something small into the wash w/whatever detergent you want to use, than after baby wears it just make sure there are no reactions. if theres no reaction than you are good to go. you can also use the second rinse option on the washer to make sure all the detergent is def out of the clothes.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 4:46 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• My doctor told me what is the point in washing the baby clothes in the "special" detergent when everything else in your home is washed in your detergent! So you can wash it all in the same stuff. If you wan to use Gain go ahead!!!
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 4:46 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• It is all about your family and their allergiy history. If you have someone that is sensitive to dyes and /or fragrances you're probably better off staying with All F&C. If nobody has those sensitivities I would probably choose the new one I wanted..then run a small mixed load with say a Shirt, underpants and a onesie or something for the baby in the new detergent. maybe 2 days worth of clothes. Then have everyone wear the clothes washed in the new stuff. That way it is really easy to see who, if anyone ,reacted and you won't have to try and remember what was and wasn't washed in the new stuff.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 4:54 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• Yeah after a few months their skin isn't as sensitive so it should be okay. But just like adults, different babies may have more sensitive skin than others so just keep an eye out.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 4:59 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• I never used special detergent for my daughter.
    amymartinez0214

Answer by amymartinez0214 at 5:00 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• as long as your child doesn't show a reaction to it, it should be fine.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 5:52 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• I'm sorry I delelted the message by accident and I don't remember the name of who sent it..but it was about my son and this question. Sorry for the intrusion.. The answer is yes, we have to use free and clear. Fragrance sets off his asthma and the dyes cause hives for 2 of us. I can't say if it irritates his eczema because I haven't used anything but a free and clear since he was 6 months old.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 5:58 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• Most of the detergents have an allergin free version that has no dyes or other stuff in it, thats what I always used, no since in buying that expensive dreft
    mags736

Answer by mags736 at 6:36 PM on Jun. 29, 2009