How long does a baby teethe for till the tooth pops up?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:01 PM on Jun. 29, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I think the average is about a week, but it could be sooner or later depending on the tooth thats coming in && the child. Usually from the time my son starts drooling a lot until I actually see the tooth break through the gums is anywhere from 3-5 days.
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 5:10 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• No way to tell.
    Some babies just suddenly have teeth - with no cranky teething period before. Some teethe for months before a tooth appears. For my daughter, it was usually 2 to 3 weeks. Her very last tooth actually took over 3 months - she started chewing on things, putting them right where that last tooth should come through, in early January but it was early April before the point broke through.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 5:45 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• its very hard to tell my daughter didnt get her 1st tooth till she was 17 months and my 11 months old daughter still has no teeth but i have a friend whos daughter got her first one at 3 months they are all way different
    klinemom2

Answer by klinemom2 at 7:07 PM on Jun. 29, 2009