What can I do to get her to move?

So I am 23 weeks and I have not felt my little one all day. I was wondering what I could do to try to get her to move?
I am scheduled to go in to the doc next Monday for a routine check up, but i have not felt her all day and I just want to make sure she is ok.

Married2daBest

Asked by Married2daBest at 5:15 PM on Jun. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• drink really super cold water. it drives them nuts. or standing in a hot shower with the water hitting my belly always made my son move.
    emmetsmom09

Answer by emmetsmom09 at 5:19 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• ice!!!!! i use to put a piece of ice on my belly and my lil one would move. or take a flash light and shine it at your belly. she will move because the light hurts her eyes..( so one web site says) search pregnancy complications on yahoo i think its the first website that comes up..... it has alot of insight.. but i would call my doc if nothing worked and its been over ten hours.. see what they say!
    good luck
    jannaboo

Answer by jannaboo at 5:19 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• My dr. told me to drink fruit juice my daughter went crazy when I drank OJ
    Countrymommy03

Answer by Countrymommy03 at 5:20 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• I was also told to use a little caffeine...but I one time had a worry like that too with my son and i went to the hospital as soon as they but the monitor on him he started moving like crazy...better safe than sorry
    8firsttimemom8

Answer by 8firsttimemom8 at 5:21 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• if you dont want to drink anything or get wet just push on your stomach give the baby a little poke where you think it is and lay on your back should move around just to get you to stop poken em lol always works for me
    Anonymous

• soda, cold water, and a shower all worked for me as well. if nothing works you should call the doctor, with my daughter, i was rear ended and she stopped moving, it wasn't a major accident car was fine, so we go to the ER b/c i was a wreck, the second they hooked up that monitor she didn't stop. they actually had said they wanted me on the monitor for 2 hours but after 30 mins of constant movement they were like ok go home.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 5:24 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• Laying down usually helps a lot. You can feel more movement that way. If the baby doesn't start moving after you've laid down for a few minutes, you should drink either super cold water or some fruit juice, that will frequently get a baby to move.
    WillDoDa

Answer by WillDoDa at 5:30 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• i agree with the other ladie nice cold water an lay on ur back should do the trick
    mizdutchess

Answer by mizdutchess at 5:37 PM on Jun. 29, 2009