My husband and i are seperated at the moment,he was cheating

and i threw him out,I wish he was remorseful and asked for forgiveness,because i would forgive him.I text him everynow and then about my feelings,should i just move on?????why am i holding on?????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:15 PM on Jun. 29, 2009 in Relationships

• DO NOT go back to him!!! It sounds as if you are looking to forgive him and get back together. DON'T do it! He will do it again and again. You deserve better than that. If you take him back you are setting yourself up for more misery in the future.
    Anonymous

• Agreeing with anon, it does sound as though you are asking him to let you forgive him. You have nothing to forgive. Move on with your life.

Answer by Bmat at 5:21 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• Only you know your true feelings. Don't let anyone talk you into or out of something that doesn't feel right to you. As I see it, you still love your husband very much. I understand that you need for him to "get it." Being remorseful is something you'll always want from him, but if he's not now, he may never be. And, only you know him well enough to know if he's being sincere or not. Pray about it and follow your heart. When you've finally had enough, you'll know that the time is right to move on. Good Luck
    lighthousemom3

Answer by lighthousemom3 at 5:24 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• Ok tell us again why you kicked him out and didn't try to work things out? All you did was push him off on to her so if he has her, and now his freedom to find others, why would he want to work things out with you? I think you should have talked to him to find out why he cheated and what the two of you as a couple could do to not allow that to happen again. We all make mistakes. You can't throw someone out every time they make a mistake. Marriage is about compromise and working things out. So he screwed up. Many men do. Now if you contact him to come back you will look desperate and he'll feel free to do it again knowing he can get away with it. Not good.

Answer by admckenzie at 5:24 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• I don't think of cheating as one of the common "mistakes" of marriage. It's definitely a deal-breaker for me. Once a cheater always a cheater. They rarely change.
    r_elizabeth2290

Answer by r_elizabeth2290 at 6:41 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• You threw him out, that's hardly holding on. Maybe you regret your actions now but it's really up to him whether he wants to forgive you for pushing him away or not. If my husband ever threw me out the house I'd expect a serious apology because that is not acceptable in my book.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 7:37 PM on Jun. 29, 2009