Anyone get depressed when Pregnate?

I dont know what it is but i have been depressed while preg. I cry and get emotional over stupid stuff sometimes nothing at all. Anyone ever expierenced this? What did you do to help yourself get through it??
Thanks..

NewMomToBe84

Asked by NewMomToBe84 at 5:33 PM on Jun. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It's crazy, but that's pregnancy for you! Reaching out to talk to people is a good thing, read about what's happening to your baby during pregnancy, exercise, even somthing simple like Yoga can help put you in a better frame of mind or go for walks, journal your thoughts - what exactly is depressing you? Is it something specific or are you just feeling depressed in general? I would get depressed at times too, all the changes to my body made me feel sad. It's normal to be emotional, you have a lot of hormones running through your body right now. What helped me the most was reading about this amazing thing that is happening to your baby and your body, that helped me to come to terms with all the changes. This is a special time, don't feel bad for feeling depressed, but don't let it consume you. Good luck!
    silvia316

Answer by silvia316 at 5:50 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• Yea, I got depressed sometimes. It's normal to be emotional. You just have to realize that you're being over emotional and not do anything stupid
    r_elizabeth2290

Answer by r_elizabeth2290 at 5:47 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• Don't worry it happens to most people. Its just your hormones, I cry ALL the time, and most of the time I have no idea why.
    HollySebeck

Answer by HollySebeck at 5:48 PM on Jun. 29, 2009