What type of bottles do you use for your little one?

I am using the avent bottles for my 4 wk old daughter, and she is so messy w/ eating. Alot of her milk is being spit out and all over her. Could it be the bottle or her just being messy?

Tiffany237

Asked by Tiffany237 at 5:42 PM on Jun. 29, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Dr. Brown's
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 5:47 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• I used Avent for a while but they are too expensive for how junky they are. They leak 75% of the time and when you call Phillips for an explanation they tell you that you're making the bottle wrong and give you a specifc method which is crap because who has time to moisten the edge of the nipple and mix formula in a separate container. So after that fiasco I threw all 12 of them away (over $100 worth) and switched to the BPA free gerber ones and bought silicone nipples because my kids dont like latex. I like them better cuz they NEVER leak and they are only like $1 a piece.
    YoungTwinMommy

Answer by YoungTwinMommy at 5:51 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• I used the Playtex liner bottles. My daughter was very colicky and these worked for her. I am planning on using them for my son when he debuts (hopefully) in a few days. =)
    AneesasMom

Answer by AneesasMom at 5:53 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• Are you nipples fast or slow flow? The fast ones tend to lead to milk all over the face. I use Playtex Vent-Air and Wal Mart's Parent's Choice.
    Anonymous

• The nipples are slow flow.
    Tiffany237

Answer by Tiffany237 at 6:13 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• nuby.. now they are only sold online but they NEVER leak!!! they are awesome!!
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 6:14 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• With my first I used those playschool with the disposable liners as I thought they were the cleanest and safest With my 2nd I bought those expensive avent and finally witrh my 3rd I realized that the ones that cost 99 cents work just as well as the$10 ones
    mags736

Answer by mags736 at 6:28 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• Playtex drop ins, love them use with both my children.
    LCmommyof2

Answer by LCmommyof2 at 10:17 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• I use Playtex Vent-Aire...THEY ARE AMAZING!!!! They helped with my daughters colic and spitting up
    MadisynsMom0114

Answer by MadisynsMom0114 at 11:14 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• The ones I was born with
    Anonymous