when you were a teen was you periods regular?

just wondering when you were 17-19 were your period regular without birthcontroll?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:45 PM on Jun. 29, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• There were times were my periods were irregular and one time I didn't have it for months (no birth control and I was still a virgin). It was probably due to the fact that I was athletic and didn't have a lot of body fat.
    AneesasMom

Answer by AneesasMom at 5:51 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• Yikes!!! I REALLY hope u didn't mean to post this in "trying to conceive". I was a teen mommy, I delivered 1 mth before my 17th bday. I REALLY regret it, I love my son and wouldn't trade him for the world but I didn't have the fun that alot of my friends had. I didn't get to go to prom, I didn't get to go dancing and bar-hopping when I turned 21. My bf had all the freedom he wanted but I had to watch my child (and family WILL get tired of watching your kid). I made the choice though, he wasn't an accident I wanted a baby b/c I love children. Now that I'm much older I realize I could have had both, I could have had the best teen yrs ever AND have a child when I was older. I hope you'll rethink your plans. Just remember woman have babies at 40! There's no hurry.
    Anonymous

• my daugther is 16 and married and wanted me to put this on here.
    Anonymous

• I have always been regular. I got married at 18 and conceived our first child when I was 39. Like the previous poster said, even married, there is no hurry to have a child. In fact, I'm very glad we waited until we were more stable financially.

But, if she has questions about her body, etc. I recommend the book, Taking Charge of Your Fertility. It answers all kinds of questions...some I didn't even know I had!

You can see the reviews of it on Amazon.com
    Anonymous

• i started my period when i was 14..im 26 now, and its still all messed up..its never been normal!! ive gone like 6 months without getting it, ive had it for 3 months straight, 8 months straight. so yaaaaaa its never normal!! i was on birthcontrol for about 6 monnths when i was 16 to try and regulate my period, and it didnt work..so i went off it..
    Anonymous

• Yes, they were regular. Have been all my life.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 7:27 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• I'm extremely irregular with an active sex life (married) so I had to take pregnancy tests at least once a month if I didn't have a period. Now, I haven't had one since February, and have been taking regular tests since then... the most recent was positive =D Complete and total happy shock.
    mrsbovee

Answer by mrsbovee at 8:38 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• I have been regular since the day I started.... I always said that I would know when I was prego cuz it would be the first period I missed since 11, but I found out I was prego before I even got a chance to test that theory.....
    lordsmircal

Answer by lordsmircal at 12:21 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• Started mine the last week of being 9! They were always regular without much discomfort. I was very fortunate there. When I turned 43. I stopped having them. Very fortunate there too. I guess I got them started young and got them over early! Yippee!
    RayChelB

Answer by RayChelB at 9:24 AM on Jun. 30, 2009