• In the Spotlight:

Is comparing Obama to Hitler really a good comparison?

As for comparing Obama to Hitler, don’t you think that is a bit of a stretch? I think we would be better off comparing President Obama to Neville Chamberlain, but I guess 3rd grade history didn’t cover him.

Carpy

Asked by Carpy at 5:52 PM on Jun. 29, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• No, I did not vote for Pres. Obama, even though I don't agree with his policies, and views, I would not compare him to Hitler.
    3rdDay

Answer by 3rdDay at 5:54 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• No, I would never compare him to Hitler.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 5:55 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• Yes, yes it is (a bit of a stretch) and people who do it are ridiculous.
    JackalsWife

Answer by JackalsWife at 5:55 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• It is an idiotic comparison.
    Anonymous

• I would need to see the actual bullet point comparison. Otherwise, it's quite a stretch... But everyone is entitled to their opinion.....
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 6:13 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• WAY off...Hitler obviously was out to complete a geneside. Frikin ridiculous
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 6:20 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• Major stretch. Aside from all the similarities in their births, upbringing and public speaking skills, their agendas are different. FDR - crazy, tried to replace the SCOTUS for disagreeing with him and extended the depression by years FDR - that's a good comparison.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 6:23 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• obama is just like hitler who was also a liar and smooth talker and look what happened.
    georgia362

Answer by georgia362 at 6:33 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• Wow, who actually does that? Compare Obama to Hitler? The only grain of truth I can see in there is that they are both idealists and charismatic. But isn't that most leaders? Wow
    preggoandfat

Answer by preggoandfat at 6:33 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• Hitler is STILL TO THIS DAY the epitome of evil. And his reign was over 60 years ago! 60 years and he is still, like, the most evil anybody can think of. No, I definitely would NOT compare Obama to Hitler. Doing so would make one look like a moron. Unless and UNTIL Obama starts murdering babies and rounding up people in camps for murder and/or torture, I would be remiss to even put Obama in the 'evil' category with Hitler. Some people might not like the job he is doing but really, Americans have it easy.
    Blubuni99

Answer by Blubuni99 at 7:01 PM on Jun. 29, 2009