Have you been so depressed you could hardly function?

I can't afford medicine and I really don't have anyone to help out with my son.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:55 PM on Jun. 29, 2009 in Health

• yes after my 2nd son was born. you need to find someone to talk to,,, if you want you can pm me! i am more than willing to listen to you
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 6:08 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• Yes I have been.
    My DH is overseas, my mom died in april and i'm going to adopt my 4yr old little brother. I am 22 yrs old and i'm already rasing my DH's son. My mom was my only parent. ...yes. i have been so depressed i could hardly funciton. I have gotten in the car to go somewhere, drive around for a half our before i realize that i forgot where i was going. I've spent hours lying on the coach crying. I've had plenty of moments of being curreld up in a ball on the kitchen floor, on the stairs, or in the bathroom.
    I have not gotten on any medication for this. NOR do i plan to. I have litle hlep with my two boys. My older one (my brother) has special needs and behavior issues.

Yes. I have been so depressed i could hardely funtion. ...consistnaly through out april and may. June has been better. ...but i still have my bad days.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 6:10 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• Did I post this? Ugh. Yes.. It's dreadful. Several times in my life. I couldn't eat, sleep. I had no desire to do anything, I contemplated suicide on a daily basis. Even to the extent on how I'd make it an accident so my mother could still collect my life insurance. I couldn't always get counseling for various reasons. I know this is really tough, but you have to do this in stages. 1) what exactly is causing the problem? i.e. lack of money or you need therapy, or help with your son, etc (2) once you determine what the problems are, you can break them down and begin looking for solutions to each problem. If you tackle it all at once, it will get worse. If you break them down and tackle one at a time. I promise it will work. You can do it. ;)
    CoolGirlChris

Answer by CoolGirlChris at 6:31 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• Ah, sweetie, if you would like someone to talk to you can also pm me. Talking it through might make a world of difference!
    preggoandfat

Answer by preggoandfat at 6:31 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• idlike to also add htere is a very wonderful and supportive gropu for depression,, yo-yo mommas...... they have helped me a lot
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 6:53 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• YES!! Remember, depression can often be a chemical imbalance in the brain. Something that we have no control over. You really should see a doctor about this. I know the medicine is expensive, but maybe you and your doc could work together to come up with a good plan for you. You're not doing you or your baby any good by just "ignoring it." Believe me, I know. I have battled depression for most of my adult life, and I know how low the lows can be. And, of course, with the lows comes the guilt. Guilt for feeling this way, guilt for being so exhausted, guilt for not doing enough with your child, guilt that you can't just "snap out of it."
    Please, from someone who's been there --get medical help as soon as possible. I tried everything on my own but never found relief until I accepted the fact that this WAS NOT MY FAULT..that's when I finally found a good doc. I will always been on medication for depression probably, but it's so
    lighthousemom3

Answer by lighthousemom3 at 7:26 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• much better than the alternative. Don't be ashamed...Don't be afraid....THIS IS NOT YOUR FAULT...God Bless
    lighthousemom3

• Yes. I'm sorry you are going through this. It does suck :-(
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 8:40 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• Yes, I used to have those days. I talked to my doctor and she gave me medication and I am doing alot better now. I am still tired but I am doing alot better then before.
    Sassafras03

Answer by Sassafras03 at 12:27 AM on Jun. 30, 2009