Would you support a bill that helps the children brought here illegally to a faster, smoother path to being legal?

As it stands now anyone who has spent more than a year in the US illegally is automatically given a 10 year ban from the US and from applying for a Visa. Even if the time spent illegally in the US is accumulated as a child. For example if a 3 month old is illegally smuggled in the US and is still in the US when he is 15 months old that is an automatic 10 year ban. Even if when he applies he is married to a US citizen and has US citizen children.
There is a waiver that can be applied for after the ban has been put in place. The waiver process takes several months or years. In the waiver extreme hardship has to be proven for the US citizen applying for the immigrant. Family separation and financial difficulties do not qualify as extreme hardship. So a parent separated from their child for 10 years is not an extreme hardship.
I do NOT think there should be amnesty to every illegal, or even every illegal brought here as a child.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:56 PM on Jun. 29, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• continued--
    I would like to see a bill passed where the people who are smuggled here illegally as babies or children have a "fast-track" way to getting permanent residency without having to go through extended separation from their families. They would obviously have to prove their presence in the US from a young age (shot records, school records, etc) and have no criminal history. What would your opinion of this be?
    Anonymous

• I do NOT think there should be amnesty to every illegal, or even every illegal brought here as a child.
    Anonymous

• No. I would vote against it.
    Anonymous

• If it could be twisted and used as a way for the illegal parents who smuggled the baby in, as an excuse for them to remain here, then no, I wouldn't support it.
    Anonymous

• No.
    mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 6:07 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• I too, say NO.
    thundernlight

Answer by thundernlight at 6:10 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• I would vote against that..so no
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 6:12 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• Absolutely NOT... Personally, I think they should deport ALL Illegal Aliens, no matter how long they have been here..
    Zanny

Answer by Zanny at 6:16 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• I would vote against it...so no.
    SoKamele

Answer by SoKamele at 6:16 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• no i would not.
    georgia362

Answer by georgia362 at 6:34 PM on Jun. 29, 2009