Health insurance

I am the same person who said that my son was having diarrhea and didn't have health insurance since Healthwave/medicaid keeps throwing me these loopholes to where I can't get it and they're taking forever to give me an answer. If any of you have been in this situation, what did you do? Are there any plans that don't cost an arm and a leg?

LaurenKaye29

Asked by LaurenKaye29 at 5:56 PM on Jun. 29, 2009 in Just for Fun

• what state do you live in? anyhow, if you're in a truly tight situation, I know in my county there are Free Health Care Vans that go out to specific sites a few times a week and administer care to children and adults at no cost. Here in Santa Clara County Gardner Medical Group does it. It's aimed to help extremely low income people based on where the van goes, but it is also open to anyone who would like medical attention. I work at a non-profit agency where the van goes and I was seen for an earache with no hassle. Also, do you have emergency clinics that offer co-pays of $10 to people without medical insurance? I've had to do that one before as well. The way they handle that is you sign an emergency medical insurance waiver that lasts for a month, or if you qualify, for an x amount of time.
    I'd probably look up non-profit agency emergency health care information in your area.
    preggoandfat

Answer by preggoandfat at 6:06 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• Nj has help too. Call your county health department and ask where can you go. Do you have a ShopRite Supermarket that you can get to? They have very low cost clinics for those with no insurance. CVS's some places might to, maybe Walmart. Call a hospital's physician help line and if they're a well known hospital they will help you or at least call a social worker in a hospital - I'm sure they'd rather help some one avoid hospitalization than work with some one's bills that are huge that possibly could have avoided hospitalization.

When my kids had vomiting diar. my ped said drink pedialyte. If can't get that give them gingerale or any soda to help them burp out sick gas.
    Anonymous

• Have you googled your state health insurance and as well as federal? as soon as diareahha hit (sorry sp) give a soda for burping right away it could lessen the severity and length of illness.
    Anonymous

• I'll second the pedialyte. I work with low income families with small children and most of the families have pedialyte to help their children as it is affordable and there is no need for prescription.
    preggoandfat

Answer by preggoandfat at 6:30 PM on Jun. 29, 2009