• In the Spotlight:

Anyone treating child without meds? what are you doing?

HAve an 8 year old son. Husband is still not willing to use meds. I am at a loss on what to do next. School is biggest concern with 4th grade. third grade was a struggle. Fourth looks to be even harder for him. I am exhausted.

kat6262

Asked by kat6262 at 6:02 PM on Jun. 29, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Well, what are you treating the child for?

My DS may have ADHD/SPD but i havnt not yet had the chance to get him evaluated. I limit his red dye intake, artificial flavors of any kind, i feed him mostly organic foods, And i give him vitamin/mineral supplements every morning along with an Omega. ...
    His behavior has improved dramatically, although i could not tell you which one works best because i did all of these things all at once. Good luck!
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 6:05 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• Treating what?

Answer by rkoloms at 11:02 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• I'm assuming you are talking about add/adhd? You can treat it with behavioral therapy & diet. Remove all artificial colors & flavors, high fructose corn syrup, and excess sugars. Feingold.org has a wonderful program. If you can't afford the program, look for Dr Feingold's book at your local library.

You should also have your dr order a Food Panel Rast Test for IgE & IgG antibodies. This will show if he is sensitive to the most common food allergens. There may be items his body isn't tolerating but it's not enough to show as an allergy.

Feel free to pm me.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 10:00 AM on Jun. 30, 2009