Can a birth ball INDUCE labor?!?

I'm 38 weeks and I really feel like labor is around the corner. This is my second baby and I didn't feel this way at the end with #1. There is so much d*mn pressure on my pubic bone, tail bone, pelvis. I can't help but waddle everywhere. The baby is constantly grinding on my cervix and I get these sharp twinges of pain that take my breath away. This all started AFTER I sat on my birth ball for a few hours the other night. I truly believe the baby dropped shortly afterward. My doctor measured me at 32cm today and said the baby is at +1 or +2 station. He couldn't believe how low she was. Holy cow!!! Should I stay off the ball? Could I possibly waddle around like this for another 2-4 more weeks?!?! Some encouragement would be sooo nice right now ladies!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:04 PM on Jun. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Sitting on anything isn't exactly the best thing for a pregnant woman to do because of all the pressure especially during the last weeks. If you're comfortable on the ball use it. There's no harm in giving birth at this point in time. If you are absolutely miserable after getting off it's probably best avoided. Whatever makes you comfortable. i think if it did induce labor that would be a blessing at this point, but that's me. Good Luck!!
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 6:09 PM on Jun. 29, 2009