is this early labor or what? can anyone help me?

my lower back to my side keeps getting tight like i might of pulled something today and i have been cramping more then normal..my baby has dropped too this weekend, im only 31 weeks. i had a negative fft on thursday but this all started on saturday when i also had some very light spotting, im not spotting anymore its just cramping and back pain today

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:06 PM on Jun. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I would call your doctor and ask them.... And they will tell you probably to go to L&D. Also if you move positions and it stops you might be having braxton hicks contractions,,, But any spotting is not good. It could be something minor all the way to an abrupt placenta...
    Anonymous

• I agree, call your doc. It might not be labor but it also might be and you dont want that this early.
    Better to be safe than sorry.
    Anonymous

• It could be. The best thing to do is call your doctor or head over to the hospital and be checked out. Better to be laboring in a semi-controlled environment prepared for an emergency than wait and see. Wait and see could result in delivery which you are not quite ready for. They can try to stop labor at the hospital to allow those last few weeks baby needs.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 6:13 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• my ob office said to go to l&d if i contract more then 4 times in an hour, but i always do that thats why i take nifedipine..so idk what the ehck to do...
    Anonymous