family life or parties?

So when I was 16 I got pregnant with my DD, and had her at 17. I got married to her dad when I turned 18, we had been together for 4 years. And now we are expecting our second. This baby was planned and we couldnt have been happier about this. As soon as we started telling family they all said the same thing, you should have waited. Why is it that people cant be happy for us? They say thing like your going to miss out on so much, these are supposed to be the best times of your life. Well they are the best times of my life. I love being a SAHM, and this is what I want to do. I finished school, with a baby which I am VERY proud of. And I am proud to say I am a mother. I dont want to drink and party, I want to start my family. Why cant people be happy about that? I would think that would be better than being drunk, isnt it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:06 PM on Jun. 29, 2009 in General Parenting

• lol, I'm sorry but are these people serious? You already have a DD! Silly people. Well, for what it's worth, I am extremely happy for you and your family! You planned and prepared for this second one. It's in your heart to have a second so I think you have been blessed a second time. Congrats.
    preggoandfat

Answer by preggoandfat at 6:09 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• Congrats! I always figure there is plenty of time to party after they grow up. Ever since we were old enough my dad has partied it up :) Enjoy your babies
    wanderingmuse

Answer by wanderingmuse at 6:12 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• Well considering you already have one child, you couldn't exactly "have the time of your life" while being a responsible parent anyways. So having one more isn't putting a damper on your social life, it's just adding to your family and joy of being a parent. I would just ignore what they say. If you're happy, that's all that matters. Congratulations =)
    Anonymous

• It's because when you are young, you have no idea how you will feel in ten years. I was JUST like you. I got married at 18, I didn't drink or party and couldn't understand why people said the same things that they say to you. Well, after about 13 years of marriage I started getting so bored in my life and felt so unfullfilled personally. I loved my kids, it had nothing to do with them. I started going out of town and partying and staying out all night. This lasted for 2 years, my marriage collapsed, I continued to party until I met my husband. Hindsight is 20/20. I now see how wrong I was, I didn't know it all back then. I became a totally different person than I was at 18. I have truly gotten all the partying out of my system. I've tried to go out to bars a few times in the last year and either stay for about half an hour to go back to my family or back of going. It's no longer fun to me, I have finally grown up.
    lovetwins89

Answer by lovetwins89 at 6:13 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• i agree with preggo
    armywife142

Answer by armywife142 at 6:13 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• I am very happy for you and your family. I think that you and your hubby are on the right road don't listen to all the people that aren't happy for you all that should matters to you and your hubby have worked very hard together and your good parents and having another. It's not easy to have a child at 17 and finish school. I can't tell you how very pround of you i am and i wish you and your family all the best and please don't let other make you feel like you doing something wrong.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 6:14 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• Congrats on the 2nd baby and for finishing school.

That being said, with age comes wisdom. You'll see.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 6:16 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• Gramsmom is right. I truly hope that you don't go through any version of what i went through but more likely than not, teenage marriages do not last. I always that we would beat the odds, and we WERE happy for 15 years, but everyone turned out to be right.
    lovetwins89

Answer by lovetwins89 at 6:22 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• You will be like me be enjoying your 40's

Answer by louise2 at 6:24 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• Some day you will start to feel like you are missing out on something, like lovetwins, it may take years. You are still too young to know the person that you will turn out to be. This really has nothing to do with your children, you will always love them the same. I predict - and I hope that I am wrong - that there will be restlesness in your marriage when you two start growing up. Hopefully that doesn't lead to infidelities, but manyt imes, it does. Good luck to you.
    Anonymous