Stevens Henager College

Does anyone know anything about there programs? Mainly the respiratory therapy?

1mariah555

Asked by 1mariah555 at 6:10 PM on Jun. 29, 2009 in Money & Work

• I thought about going there but they are just too expensive and I found that our local community college is cheaper. I went through orientation and then I decided that their program was not for me. Okay that aside, I don't know anything about their respiratory program. I didn't even know they had that. But I would totally call around and ask community colleges how much it would cost. Stevens Henager is a legitimate school, but it seems to me like they are over priced, and they don't do a very good job working around your schedule.

Anyway that's been my experience. GOOD LUCK!!
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 7:57 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• Stay away from for-profit schools. They exist, by law, to make money for their owners/shareholders; education is not their priority. Start with a community college; they will likely have many classes on line and the credits will easily transfer to a state university.

Have a couple of informational interviews with people in your chosen field to help you determine whether or not this is the right choice for you.
    When I was in HR, I did not interview candidates from the for-profit schools

Answer by rkoloms at 11:00 AM on Jun. 30, 2009