Anyone ever had this happen before? TMI

I've been spotting for a week with cramps. It feels like I'm going to start any minute but nothing. The spotting isn't even heavy enough to make it to the pad, only when I wipe. Should I consider this my period or is it just extra spotting before my period. My periods are irregular so I don't know when I'm due. I believe I ovulated somewhere around June 7th. I'm not asking if I'm pg. Just wondering if anyones spotted instead of having a period?

Sorry about putting it in "Just for fun" I'm not trying to concieve and I don't think I'm pregnant and it seems no one checks the health section so I put it here.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:16 PM on Jun. 29, 2009 in Just for Fun

• If you don't mind me asking, how old are you? Are you close to the age to go through menopause? That's what my mom has been going through. If it's not that, you may have cysts or some other condition. You could try webMD.com. That's a wonderful site for anything health-related. Good luck!
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 6:50 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• OP here - I'm 29 so I doubt it's menopause.
    Anonymous

• Ok I also have irregular periods. I personally have had spotting instead of a period, but it was enough to make it to the pantie liner at least a few spots in a couple hours. Now if it is just when you wipe when you pee and you are cramping I would maybe question if you have a urinary track infection. If that is what the bleeding is from it can cause you to skip a period. But Hun, girl to girl here seriously you should get a pregnancy test and read up on urinary track infections and see if any of your symptoms fit. It really could be your period, but the bleeding just sounds WAY too lite to be a period. If you have had sex you could be pregnant, if you ovulated around the 7th you should be at the middle to end of your period right now. If you are spotting that could be a sign of pregnancy, it could even be a tubal pregnancy. Sorry I couldn't help more.
    lilmama4d_j

Answer by lilmama4d_j at 7:00 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• Op again - I have had a UTI before so I know that's not it. It's more like brown discharge than spotting (sorry tmi). I took an HPT this morning and it was negative. Thanks for the help though.
    Anonymous