can weed cause me to miss a period?

can smoking weed cause me to miss a period?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:19 PM on Jun. 29, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• i think a lot of people just don't know enough info
    weed is NOT illegal everywhere
    in fact i can have it legally...with my medical marijuana card.. and the clinics and doctors dont have a problem with me using it when i was pregnant (i quit for other reasons).... in fact its even better than the medications that i could be taking but are much worse for me...
    op there are some claims that it can decrease motility of sperm
    otherwise there really isnt that much solid evidence that is negative
    if you look at unbiased research, not stuff funded by the drug war
    the most common side effect of having a baby that you smoked pot while pregnant was a little higher birth rate... THATS IT
    WEED should not and will not be a drug that is put into the same category as crack, heroin, even alcohol.
    Anonymous

• no
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 6:19 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• Yes, if you are so high on it that you forget you had unprotected sex while ovulating.

Sorry, couldn't resist.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 6:20 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• well im married and not pregnant so...
    Anonymous

• like your any better lady you got a picture of a drink on your profile.
    Wytegirl

Answer by Wytegirl at 6:23 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• To be honest, possibly, even likely. If you stress your body too much in a variety of ways (too much food, too much exercise, too high of sugar levels, etc.) it can keep you from ovulating. So, if you're getting extremely high then it's likely it can affect your ovulation.

But, really, why are you getting high anyway if you're looking to conceive?
    preggoandfat

Answer by preggoandfat at 6:25 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• Too much pot will decrease male sperm, so I imagine it can cause a woman's cycle to mess up as well. There are serious reproductive issues associated with over-consumption of weed, just as there is with alcohol. If you are ttc, I would lay off for at least a month (depending on your body mass, THC takes 31 days to get out of the system) before starting to try.
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 6:34 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• why and heck are you smoking weed if your trying to get pregnant? this can not be a real question..
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 6:59 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

Umm, last time I checked drinking is legal in the U.S. if you are 21 or over. What is the age requirements for weed again? Oh, that's right it is illegal no matter what the age is.

Anonymous

• ppl like this always get pregnant, though and easy. the druggies, pot heads, crack heads...happens all the time. Some continue during pregnancy...leaving their babies drugged up.
    These are the types that will never have fertility problems even though they have had numerous sexual partners, stds and toxic chemicals in their bodies.

Not fair.
    Anonymous