breastfeeding and teeth

How did you manage both? How long after your little one got teeth did you stop breastfeeding? If you breast fed after they got teeth how did you do it? It is so painful for me he doesn't always bite me but just him sucking with teeth hurt. What do i do?

mrsjonzy

Asked by mrsjonzy at 6:25 PM on Jun. 29, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I had no pain at all from teeth....make sure to re-teach him latching. SOmetimes they get lazy. If it's really bad you can use a shield.

Answer by gdiamante at 6:29 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• I'd consult with LLL and/or a local IBCLC. His latch may have gotten lazy.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 7:18 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• If they are latched correctlt it should be no different then without teeth. I am currently nursing my 25 month old with a full set of teeth with no pain
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 7:37 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• It shouldn't hurt even though he has teeth. Is there a lactation consultant at your hospital that you can talk to. I stopped breastfeeding when dd was 8 months and she had 2 teeth. She was upset one night (overtired) and bit me. THAT hurt, but once she latched, it was fine.
    Indygirl18

Answer by Indygirl18 at 8:14 PM on Jun. 29, 2009