Hubby and sex life since second pregnancy, kinda personal

well im putting it out there cuz i dont know what to do. With my first pregnancy my husband and i had an excellent sex life, plus im young still so i hear all the time that i should be enjoying that. But ever since i got pregnant again i dont want anything to do with it. It's not that im not attracted to him, at least it doesnt feel like that. But the truth is i have no idea what the issue is. He does work alot and doesnt get home till midnight and by then i'm so tired that the thought of doing anything is the last thing on my mind. But i think it reall is taking a toll on our relationship, and i'm afraid he might think about straying. I dont think he would but im afraid that if we dont get back to how it used to be that he'll look for it somewhere else. I could really use some feedback.

Asked by Herron at 11:40 PM on Jun. 21, 2008 in Relationships

• So if you're pregnancy--Hormones may actually be your answer or maybe subconsciously you feel bad about yourself. Either way he should understand what's going on. I mean I KNOW you're probably tired and need sleep especially with already having one baby. Just talk to him about it!! If you have to schedule having sex. I know it's not romantic, but it's better than nothing!

Answer by love_my_boys at 11:46 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• How far along are you? I was that way during the first half of my second pg. Its really hard to fit in time having a kid already. Maybe try to get your self 'ready' sometime and meet him in the shower. make sure babe # one is somewhere safe or napping. Try things that will fun, but also quick.

Answer by littlemomma1986 at 11:47 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• You might try setting the alarm clock an hour (or however long you'll need) earlier than normal. It's one of those "since we're up" type of things. Just make sure that you will both hear it and wake up before it can just be turned off. Good Luck!

Answer by 2murphyboys at 1:20 AM on Jun. 22, 2008

• I am having that problem too, and it has been for this entire pregnancy (I'm 7 months) I had a lot of bad dreams in the beginning, like I was having sex with strangers and crying the whole time.... having sex with my best friend's boyfriend and she was looking through the window.... Yeah, really crazy stuff. It made me not even want to be physical. At first I didn't tell DF because I felt kind of ashamed and guilty, but then I had to tell him... he thought it was all his fault, and I had to make him see it wasn't. But I found plenty of info online that says pregnancy dreams can be horrendous. So anyways..... just try to tap into what's making you lose interest and explain it the best you can,. and find similar stuff online that will make him see that it's normal and it will pass, just to hang in there.
    Sorry so long... :)

Answer by MissAndrea125 at 3:02 AM on Jun. 22, 2008

• During pregnancy your hormones can do all sorts of funny things as I'm sure you're well aware. You said this was your second pregnancy so taking care of your child, your home, your husband, all the while carrying new life is bound to make you tired. Definitely talk to your husband, and your doctor at your next appointment. Perhaps instead of sex your husband can do other things that will relax you such as back, leg, or foot massage, hair brushing, or whatever you like. Then that might lead to more intimate encounters!! :-) Also, try scheduling it on your calendar if you're a scheduled person. If you have it written down and make a commitment to it, then you might follow through.

Answer by mommytoadam at 8:36 PM on Jun. 23, 2008