what do i do

my baby is 3 and half weeks old, and the past like 3 days shes been crying all the time..shes not constipated,i change her, i feed her, i try to walk around and rock her (wich has worked up until the past couple days), like seriously ive done everything i can think of and she still cries..ive tried increasing the amount of formula i give her.shes on the enfamil gentlease kind..shes 9 and a half pounds so thats why i tried increasing the formula, i finally get her calmed down and asleep and she wakes up 2 hours later and we do it all over again...it seems like shes not satisfied with the milk, like its not enough, it digests too fast or somethin...i need some advice on some things i can try or if you went thru the same thing..it would help alot!!

MaciesMommy09

Asked by MaciesMommy09 at 6:47 PM on Jun. 29, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I'd say it is colic,..vibrations helped us a lot. You could try putting her in her car seat and put it on the dryer.

"Colic is inconsolable crying in a healthy newborn baby with bouts of fussiness and irritability. The condition has no known cause but is harmless, although it can be very distressing for parents or carers. It's very common, affecting up to two out of every 10 babies."

http://hcd2.bupa.co.uk/fact_sheets/Mosby_factsheets/infant_colic.html
    HolliBerry21

Answer by HolliBerry21 at 6:52 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• Yup, I went through the exact same thing starting at 3 wks. A nurse told me it was a growth spurt but I think she was colicky b/c it lasted until 8 wks. I wanted to die. The only thing she would tolerate was being worn in a wrap and bounced on a yoga ball or walked around. She hated to be still and would not let me put her down. Now she's 16 wks. and waaay better. I think part of the prob. was overstimulation, too. I think she needed a quiet, soothing atmosphere and we'd blast the TV not thinking it bothered her. She really needs routine and once we figured that out she calmed down a lot. Hang in there, it will end, I promise!
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 7:01 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• And at 3 wks, my DD ate every hour. I thought maybe she wasn't getting enough breastmilk, but it was, she was just hysterical! It will end, just keep feeding her when she's hungry and keep her happy!
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 7:03 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• not much you can do just hold her a lot!
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 7:05 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• Oh man, I feel ya! Went through the same thing when Munch was thise age. My sling was a life saver. So much easier to walk around and soothe the baby.

Try getting out of the house and going for a walk, the change in environment was often enough to distract my son and swaying rocked him to sleep.

If you can just make it through this first growth spurt it will get way better. GL!
    FuzNet

Answer by FuzNet at 7:07 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• Does she calm down when you feed her? If so, she's just hungry.
    Anonymous

• My son went through this, and we ended up discovering he was lactose intolerant, and we had to switch him to Soy Formula. After that, he was fine. Ate great, started sleeping 6-8 hours a night and started gaining weight.
    Talk to your pediatrician.
    debra_benge

Answer by debra_benge at 7:31 PM on Jun. 29, 2009