Ferrell Kitten

He just kinda migrated here, and is eating with my kitties. He has been here 4 days. I touched him on the first day and he freaked out (earning the nickname Spazz). I would love to get him tamed down a bit because I have younger kids here (also no shelters within 40 miles of here). He is welcome to stay I would just love to have him touchable. He is much calmer with me than anyone else, and will come within a foot of me. Any suggestions?

ColleenF30

Asked by ColleenF30 at 7:05 PM on Jun. 29, 2009 in Pets

• Just keep spending time with him on his terms. You could try and catch him then keep him in a room away from the kids. We just did that with not one but six kittens. We put them in a bathroom we wern't using with a litter box and food and water. I would go in for 10 min at a time and just talk to them. Once they were a little more mellow I let them have free roam of the house. They would hide and then come out at night when they felt safe. Now they sleep on our bed with us (the three we haven't found homes for yet). They are super sweet now and I kind of hate to see them go. Good luck.
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 7:11 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• when i was younger i got a ferrel kitten tamed. maybe only with me though. her brother and sisters would run away i caught her a few times and would talk to her and hold her. eventually she calmed down. i have seen them just put the cat in a room with you and eventually it will come out the problem is he is probably going to pee on your carpet. i would start litter training all the kittens including this one. unless they are outside cats
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 12:18 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• Food is important... go out there with some chicken or catfood and make him come to you to get it. While he eats it, pet him gently and talk to him. I did that with an adult feral and tamed him up. :D
    Gremlyn

Answer by Gremlyn at 6:20 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• We just gave my mom a Ferrell kitten a month ago we found her in my in-laws building and fell in love with her we took her in their house and just played with her and she calmed down and now is the most loving kitten ever!! And she's very good with my dd who is 2

aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 3:40 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• jsut take ur time with him dont let ur kids play with him intill he is calmer. use food as a bribe...my cats like cheese wheni was trying to tame them...all my cats r rescues.
    rainmommy

Answer by rainmommy at 11:48 AM on Jul. 1, 2009