• In the Spotlight:

If you take a baby or a child on the bus, do you bring a carseat?

I have never ridden a public bus, so I was curious. Do you have to bring a carseat, like you do if you use a taxi, or can you hold your children?

twin_mommy

Asked by twin_mommy at 7:06 PM on Jun. 29, 2009 in Travel

• I don't think public buses even have seatbelts.When I used to take the bus to drop my son off at daycare then go to work from there(this was 9 years ago)...I put him in a carseat...but he was still in the infant carseat, so it was easier to carry him that way with all the other stuff I had to lug with me.Other than that, I really don't recall anyone ever having a carseat on the bus for thier kids, they would just sit on thier laps or on the seat next to them.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 7:45 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• We use publc transit all of the time. They do not have seatbelts. When my daughter was small, the baby backpack was the easiest way to travel.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:42 AM on Jun. 30, 2009