My 2 year old son just had light pink urine, also with ear infection. Antibiotics maybe?

My 2 year old son, who is never sick, got a stomach virus almost 3 weeks ago and was fine within a week, but 2 days after, he started coughing, runny rose, crusted eyes, and when I took him to the Dr. they said he had ear infections in both ears and pink eye. They gave him Amoxicillin and hes been on it for 8 days now. He still has a runny nose, and a cough, but no more crusted eyes. Right now I gave my son a shower and he told me he had to pee, so I said ok, go ahead and he started to pee and it was pinkish. Then he told me his "pee pee burns" and his butt is already burned and has a diaper rash from when he had the stomach virus. I'm waiting for my husband to get home so we can take him to urgent care because I was already ready and planning on going to urgent care because now I have an ear infection and wanted some antibiotics. I'm kinda freaking out here.. Does anyone know what this could be???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:07 PM on Jun. 29, 2009 in Health

• It sounds like a uti, just take him in and they will be able to help him. Keep any diapers he pees in so they can see the color and they might be able to take a urine sample from it.
    Good luck and let us know.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 7:25 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• definitely sounds like a urinary tract infection... they hurt like hell, get him to the doc, asap!
    Anonymous

• Ok, got back.. After waiting 2 hours for him to pee in a bag, everything came out negative, but the dr. Thinks something else might be wrong so going to see a different dr tomorrow. Also his ear infection hasn't gone away after 9 days so they gave us a different antibiotic. So please pray for him so we can see what happens.
    Anonymous

• When he finally went pee at the doctors,was it pink?
    I would really like it if you would pm me and tell me what the outcome is tomorrow. Good luck and we will be thinking of you and your LO.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 11:15 PM on Jun. 29, 2009