2month shots

At their 2month shots, i know they get several different vaccinations that day, but do they combine them into one shot or is it several different shots?! Im sooo not looking foward to this! =(

EthansMommy5

Asked by EthansMommy5 at 7:11 PM on Jun. 29, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I believe my DS got two shots, and one oral vaccination at his two month appointment.
    FuzNet

Answer by FuzNet at 7:12 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• My son had his and heres the scoop. It is 2 sep shots, each shot contains a mix of vax. Here are some tips tho mom, first of all these are harder on the babies than the 1 month. one of the shots burns a little when injected and for a few mins after, so dont panic if your baby cries longer. Also, these shots will leave a little lump and they want it too(also a small fever is expected and wanted) because it means the babies antibodies are coming to the surface to work on the virus. Take tylenol with you, but dont give it until they are done taking his temp as it can thro off the readings, also make sure baby isnt hungry/wet/poopy ect, because all those things on top of an owie make them freak even worse and maybe not eat.Also be sure to not be in your babies eyeline when the shots come, so he cant associate you with the pain, just the scoop and save lol when its over. good luck hon.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 7:16 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• yes the oral is for polio. :o)
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 7:17 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• Polio is a shot. Rotovirus is oral. Oral Polio vaccine was giving people polio.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 7:22 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• My baby girl got one shot in each leg and an oral vaccine :(
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 7:29 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• Mine got the same as the rest. He died a week after. WATCH YOUR BABY if you vax him. Research the chems in vaxs, too. I've learned a lot over the last few months on vaccines.
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 8:05 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• One shot in each leg, no oral.
    Anonymous

• My daughter got 3 shots and one oral. After reading more about vacc, I am more cautious... I don't ever want to get all those shots at the same time again. My Dr. is going to spread them out over a couple of weeks. Also, I was curious to read, Bearsjen, about the baby associating pain and mommy, the nurse made me hold my daughter while giving her the shot and she looked right at me the whole time, she cried less when she was looking at me and I was talking to her and distracting her than when she was facing the dr.
    nico409ant

Answer by nico409ant at 9:26 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• Stetson got 3 shots and one oral. He was sore and fussy the next day. Then he was fine. :)
    divinenight

Answer by divinenight at 9:30 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• We choose to selectively vax on a delayed schedule. First vax after first birthday, one vax per office visit, single dose preservative free vaccines, read the insert before allowing the shot to be given.

Answer by rkoloms at 11:15 PM on Jun. 29, 2009