not feeling right..

I'm almost 27 weeks pregnant and I'm just feeling bad lately, physically, emotionally and mentally, just overall I feel like crap.

Physically: I just started a new job 3 weeks ago (I haven't worked since I was 1 1/2 months prego), my legs are beyond swollen, my baby isn't moving much (if any) and when she does move it's sooo weak feeling compared to who it used to be. My belly hurts all the time, I have diarrhea everyday. :/

Mentally/Emotionally: I have this feeling like it's the end of the world but I can't really figure out what's wrong...there's really nothing bad going on right now. I've had one fight with my bf but we made up and that's it. I just can't stop crying, I feel like everyone hates me and I feel like no one cares about me or anything. I keep feeling like giving up on everything.

I don't know what's going on with me. I wasn't like this earlier in pregnancy, is this normal? Should I tell my doc?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:21 PM on Jun. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I don't know about the physical symptoms ( Im a WAHM so I could put my feet up, etc) but the emotional sounds just like me at 27 weeks! I was a wreck, to the point that i begged my doc to give me something but she simply said it was normal. I cried constantly and would get stressed almost at the drop of a hat! You have my sympathies; its not a fun thing to go through :(
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 7:26 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• Since you haven't worked in so long your body is probably telling you that you're doing too much too fast. I know when I worked, I had to work sometimes 10 hour days in like my last 6-9 mos of pregnancy and my legs were really big by the end of the day. Tell them that you need to sit more or take more breaks and put up your feet. I asked for a chair (I was a pharmacy tech) and they were more than willing to give me one.

As far as emotionally, your hormones are constantly changing in pregnancy and it's hard for us to keep up with that sometimes, causing us to feel anxious, depressed, or the opposite. Just try to bear through it all, it's for a really good cause! But you should double check with the doc to put your mind at ease.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 7:32 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• Well.. i can assure you i felt the same way. It is usually very normal to feel this way. Your hormones are out of wack so thats why you feel like giving up. With me i was very and even with this pregnancy im still very emotional. Now if it gets to the point where you dont want to live then i would be concerned. If you feel depressed all the time then its always good to talk to your doctors hun. They can give you medicine for that. Stress is never good for the baby and can cause a ton of complications.
    Proudparent707

Answer by Proudparent707 at 7:35 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• im 7 months... my legs and feet are always swollen, im starting to feel exhausted and started taking naps again (i was exhausted my first trimester as well) and I cry all the time. I'm unbelievable happy but i just cry and cry... i was looking in the mirror the other day at the mens show department and started crying cuz I didn't feel pretty... (i'm very pretty if I do say so myself....) and then they didn't have my SO's shoe size and i just blew up i cried like someone died..... I think this is just normal where we are at but def. let your doc know your concerns hun!! I hope it gets better for you!!
    gottalovemal

Answer by gottalovemal at 7:36 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• Honey you sound depressed...Please talk to your doctor about all of this, and don't hold back
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 8:39 PM on Jun. 29, 2009