• In the Spotlight:

does a year old C-section has something to do with"not able to conceive yet" ?

i m trying to conceive for past 6 months.but failed.my mind says that the C-section i had 18 months ago have something to do with it.can u help me out?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:42 PM on Jun. 29, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• bumpidk

scooterpooter

Answer by scooterpooter at 7:45 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• I have had multiple cesareans. One thing I have learned is that surgery can cause scar tissue (in fact you can get scar tissue WITHOUT a cesarean). it can attach to organs (even ovaries and fallopian tubes). It can also make your uterus a difficult place for an embryo to implant. So yea, I've been doing my research as I've been trying to conceive my last child and its been a couple years! I iwll be seeing a specialist this fall. You could not be ovulating or scar tissue causing issues. From what I understand, one cesarean usually isn;t a problem with too much scar tissue. Its usually multiple surgeries. But that all depends on how well you heal. I know a few ladies on ivillage whove had 5+ cesareans with no complications getting pregnant or staying pregnant. SO GO TO YOUR DOC. They wil run test so you won't have to ttc so long.
    Anonymous

• umm i had a c section a little over a year ago with my son and i am now 6 weeks and a couple days pregnant maybe you aren't ovulating u should go see ur ob and talk about this maybe u have pcos u never know i am pregnant now and i found out i have a tipped uterus! SO GOOD LUCK
    ohmama213

Answer by ohmama213 at 8:47 PM on Jun. 29, 2009