I have a angry 4 year old. His father keeps telling him that I'm going to leave him and never return. I can't seem to break him of this idea. He continually follows me around and I'm crushed to see my child like this... HELP!!!!!

Trace

Trace34

Asked by Trace34 at 7:51 PM on Jun. 29, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Wait why is his father telling him this??
    TeriMelisa

Answer by TeriMelisa at 7:53 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• Why is his father telling him this? Maybe you should wait You need to have a talk with this father of your child. You don't tell a child that one of there parents is gonna leave and never come back. Whatever is going on between you and this father is between you two and HE needs to keep your son out of this disagreement.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 8:02 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• It really sounds like his father needs help not you or him. Just reassure your son that you are not going anywhere. And beat his father, sorry tell his father to seriously stop it.
    TeriMelisa

Answer by TeriMelisa at 8:05 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• Someone needs to give this guy a serious ass kicking. How could anyone mess with a 4 year old's head some badly? They are innocent and believe you are all knowing. Refuse to let the father see his son (if you don't live together) without supervision until he understands the damage he is doing to your child. Or suggest family therapy and let the DR. tell him and maybe you will have a better of getting the point across. As long as you are reassuring him that you are not going to leave, he will get through this hard time. My son thought I was never going to come back every time I went to work. But when I did he would say to me...I knew you would come back...as if to reassure himself. After a while he knew I would never leave him for long. It is a trust building experience unfortunately you have to go through.
    missv66

Answer by missv66 at 7:33 AM on Jun. 30, 2009

• First of all get his father to stop saying that..That's mean and cruel.  It is hard to make a young child  understand you are not going to leave him..Eventually he will understand..

Answer by louise2 at 12:10 PM on Jun. 30, 2009