explain moving?

ok i've got a 3 1/2 yr old for the last 2 yrs we have lived w/my mother and youngest brother, her best friend in the whole world (he's 17 and adores her so they play every single day) we are moving out of the house, about 20 mins away so not far but won't be able to see him every day once school starts up again, so when should i tell her we are moving. i already kinda hinted at it when we went to look at the place. and told her it was me, her, her brother and daddy going to live there. when she asked about my mom and brother i just told her there wasn't enough room, and she was ok with that, but she def didn't grasp that they wouldn't be there all the time. so when do you think i should tell her? we will start moving on the 14th of july and be out by the 18th (hubby is deployed so have to wait til the 18th when friends are off work to get a truck and move the big stuff). so in about 2 weeks we'll be moving.

vabchmommy

Asked by vabchmommy at 8:13 PM on Jun. 29, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• depends on how nervous she will be about it....if she won't be nervous i wouldn't tell my 3 year old untill about 3 days before. if she will be nervous, tell her the moment you start packing and have a special moving day cake/party just for her the day you move that she helps to plan. I would also incorperate the idea of scheduling a sleep over...either her back at the old place, or people one by one at the new place. really close to the moving date, so she understands she can still see everyone, it just has to be planned.
    pink.toes

Answer by pink.toes at 10:23 PM on Jun. 29, 2009