Discipline for 14 month old?

What kind of disciplinary action can you use at 14 months? Temper tantrums come and go with my little girl, but some are quite bad. Timeout is a joke. I would have to sit on her lol... Any tips would be helpful :)

LovinMyMikayla

Asked by LovinMyMikayla at 8:14 PM on Jun. 29, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• At that age, discipline is tricky. They may or may not understand why you are disciplining them. At that age, most child development experts suggest redirecting the child's attention to something else before the behavior gets out of hand. When my son wanted to throw a fit, I let him, but I put him somewhere where he wouldn't get hurt, and where he wouldn't break anything of mine. His highchair was the best place. Just explain as best you can that her behavior is unacceptable and you are not going to put up with it. Then put her in her safe place, and walk away. Eventually she will realize that her behavior doesn't get her anything, and it will die down.
    Guaranteed

Answer by Guaranteed at 8:33 PM on Jun. 29, 2009