Stay at home moms, any advice?

I recently started staying at home and was very excited to do all kinds of activities with my daughter. The days seem to fly by. I wanted to do a craft time, play time, scheduled nap times... I used to be so scheduled with her... How do you keep your days organized? Also any activity ideas for a 14 month old would be appreciated :)

LovinMyMikayla

Asked by LovinMyMikayla at 8:17 PM on Jun. 29, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• organized? haha what's that ... i stopped being "organized" after a few months of being a sahm, we do crafts and things but since my dd is almost 3, it's usually when she wants to, breakfast, lunch and nap are all still at the same time though
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 8:19 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• my son wakes up eats breakfast, after breakfast we color or finger paint, then he takes a nap, when he wakes up from his nap he eats lunch, after lunch he watches cars(the movie), then he will play with his toys for about an hour then eat dinner, and while he and my hubby eat, i do the dishes...he will be 2 in july 13th....then about 2-3 hours after he eats, he gets a bath then he goes to bed
    Mamaof2boys0709

Answer by Mamaof2boys0709 at 8:35 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• We don't really have a schedule as far as what to do for activities, but eating times are always the same and nap times and bed time.
    cramer_mommy88

Answer by cramer_mommy88 at 1:07 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• I have a 17mth old and our activities vary... books, walks, zoo, swim, song/dance, pretend play with puppets and things, sorter toys, she loves buckets so she can collect things and also she has some Baby Einstein DVD's that she loves (which work great while fixing dinner). We wake, eat breakfast, dress and play for about 3hrs till snack then nap...after nap she gets a snack and plays about 3 1/2hrs till dinner then hygiene and plays till bedtime. Bedtime is always the same and she doesn't have a problem with it. Remember humans are creatures of repetition...a nighttime routine will ease the way into a pleasant bedtime and such. Good luck.
    LovinMyLayla

Answer by LovinMyLayla at 1:16 PM on Jul. 1, 2009