Sex at a young age

I'm not trying to be rude or start anything, I'm just curious. I see a lot of moms on here got pregnant very young (like around 13-16). I don't know if I was sheltered or what, but I didn't have my first kiss until I was 15 and didn't lose my virginity until I was 21. But, I'm just curious, what made you start having sex at a young age? This question can even be answered for the mom's that didn't get pregnant young but still had sex young.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:30 PM on Jun. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Hormones!!!
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 8:33 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• I LOST MY VIRGINITY AT AGE 16...........I WAS LOOKING FOR LOVE......I ASSOCIATED SEX WITH LOVE AND WHEN MY PARTNER DID NOT I SPIRALED DOWN AND DEVELOPED A "I DON'T CARE ATTITUDE. " I HAD A GOOD HOME LIFE PARENTS WERE HIGH SCHOOL SWEETHEARTS AND NEVER DIVORCED , I GUESS I HAD SELF ESTEEM ISSUES AND JUST LOOKED IN THE WRONG PLACES....I NEVER DID GET PREGNANT THOUGH!
    Anonymous

• Peer pressure! I did it because everyone else was doing it. I got pregnant at 19 and I WAS engaged to my man.
    Alysia_Moore

Answer by Alysia_Moore at 8:35 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• I know what you mean, that does seem young. I lost my virginity right when I turned 17 and even that sounds young to me! I'm only now pregnant for the first time at 24. I will say, though...I commend these mothers for going through with pregnancies and having their babies.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 8:36 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• childhood molestation
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 8:37 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• i wish i would have waited for my husband i love him so much and he is so perfect for me it would have been the best experience to have him for my first time! but he didnt loose his virginity to me however i was his first and only gf then we got married that kind of made me feel special although stupid thoughts made our lives the way it is .... it is horomones and they are stupid i wish i could have been thinking clearly to save myself for him
    tiffandgene2009

Answer by tiffandgene2009 at 8:37 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• I grew up so sheltered that sex was my rebellion. I wish I had waited, but nothing I can do now. If only I had realized my mother was just trying to protect me from the hurt I deliberately caused myself by becoming active so early.
    bluelady27

Answer by bluelady27 at 8:38 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• I dont see many moms here that got pregnant any earlier than 16...
    Anonymous

• I had suddenly moved in with a father I had never really known and it made my confidence go downhill. I let my boyfriend pressure me into having sex when I was 15, I knew i wasn't ready. We stayed together for 2 years after that.
    gottalovemal

Answer by gottalovemal at 9:21 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• pretty much like the other mom I kinda rebelled.. my dad had just left and moved to texas, a week later I lose my virginity, chopped all my long hair off and stared messing with drugs..well it was only weed but it was stupid and I have grown up at lot since then and I am now almost 20 and pregnant with my first and I am going to love my daughter but I kinda wish it would have happened later but she is meant to be here because when she was conceived I was on BCP and my bf was wearing a condom..
    SweetPea102689

Answer by SweetPea102689 at 9:36 PM on Jun. 29, 2009