Does anybody else's husbands or boyfriends have a really hard time doing your daughter's hair?

Mine and hubby's daughter is 5. He was fine with it until she really grew hair at about 3. Then anytime he left with out me fixing he hair first she look like a little rag a muffin. We got her hair cut ia a little bob when she was almost 4, so cute she looks like Darla from the Little Rascals. he did fine with that until it started growing out. I have tried but the man can't even put a ponytail in. Well her is cut in the bob, again but I always pull it back for her ballet class. He can't even put push barretts in. You know the kind you just put in the hair and push and they close. How hard is that. Ok to my hubby defense he is bald, but why do I always have to do the hair?

TeriMelisa

Asked by TeriMelisa at 8:33 PM on Jun. 29, 2009 in Just for Fun

• It's just a guy thing. We raised all boys of our own. When our grandkids came to live with us he was at a loss with GDs hair. Since March or so he has been taking her to school instead of me. So she gets up and he does all her stuff I do my grandson. At first it was miserable. She too looked like a street waif from the neck up. Eventually he got it. I told him I'm not doing her hair on school days anymore YOU need the practice. It didn't take too long for it to start looking better, but he still can't do it like I do it.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 9:29 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• I hope he gets better at it ,too. Because there are times when I won't be able to do her hair, and she is starting kindergarten in August. I don't want her going to school looking like a little rag-a-muffin.
    TeriMelisa

Answer by TeriMelisa at 8:47 AM on Jul. 2, 2009